A quick guide for beginners on how to BUY and SELL stocks. The same process applies to BUY and SELL. Place your order (BUY or SELL) between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday – Friday except holidays or announcements without trading.
For more info on the time click here: COMPLETE TIME FOR DAY TRADING
4.Click the TRADING TAB. It will drop down the NEW ORDER button, click the NEW ORDER button.
You will be redirected to the NEW ORDER page. You can either BUY or SELL on the same page. Click BUY or SELL next to the word TRANS, depends on what transaction you’d like to do.
6.Decide what stock you will BUY or SELL. To know the stock symbol of your desired stock click the SYMBOL GUIDE.
A small window will pop-up, all the stock symbols are listed there. (For example, if you will buy Ayala Corporation, the stock symbol corresponding to that is AC. You will input the stock symbol AC not the whole name of the company.)
7.Once you know the stock symbol of your desired stock, input the stock symbol next to the word STOCK then click GET QUOTE to know the price and volume available.
To know the minimum amount of quantity (QTY) you can buy click BOARD LOT. A small window will pop-up showing the MINIMUM PRICE, MAXIMUM PRICE and BOARD LOT.
Here’s how it works: Look for the amount of the stock you’d like to BUY. For example, if AC costs P799.00 per share, you will look for the range where P799.00 is.
It is in between the MINIMUM PRICE of 500 and MAXIMUM PRICE of 999.5 (Please see the image), the BOARD LOT that corresponds to it is 10. Meaning, the minimum shares you can buy for P799.00 per share is 10 (QTY)
Question: Can I buy more than 10 shares?
Answer: Yes you can as long as you will add the same amount. For example, if the BOARD LOT of AC (Ayala Corporation) is 10, you can buy more by adding 10 as much as you want.
Here’s a sample, if the BOARD LOT is:
5 You can buy: (5,10,15,20,25,30…)
10 You can buy: (10,20,30,40,50,60…)
100 You can buy: (100,200,300,400,500…)
10. After entering the quantity (QTY) and PRICE you will see the TOTAL amount of the shares. You can also see your BUYING POWER and CASH (It is the amount of cash you deposited to UTrade so you can BUY stocks)
Click on PREVIEW ORDER to proceed.
11. You will be redirected to the summary of your order to confirm. Input again your password to proceed.
12. A review order will then appear, click VIEW ORDER to finish the transaction.
13. You will then be redirected to the page where you can see the status (O = Open, PF = Partially Filled, PRC = Processing, C= Cancelled, R = Rejected, Q = Queued) of your order. If it is not visible, it means your order is already completed.
14. Click on VIEW PORTFOLIO to check the summary of shares, profit/loss, buying power you have.
And you’re good to go! Happy investing! See how your portfolio grow in the long run with our SIP or Stock Investment Program!
1.How can investing in the stock market help me achieve my goals? What program do you offer for beginners who wants to invest and profit in the long term?
Answer: Stock Investment Program or SIP
2.Now that I have the basic information on how I can invest on the stock market, how can I open an account?
Answer: How To Open An Account (Requirements)
3.Can you teach me how to BUY or SELL stocks using UTrade’s platform at www.utradeph.com?
Answer: How To Buy And Sell Stocks (Step-by-step Guide On How To Use UTrade’s Platform Online)
4.Now that I know how to BUY and SELL, what time can I BUY and SELL during the day?
Answer: Philippine Stock Exchange Trading Hours
5.Do you offer FREE seminars about the stock market?
Answer: FREE Philippine Stock Market 101 Seminars
6. Do you have videos about stock market 101?
Answer: Investing In The Stock Market Videos
6. Do you have any group or social account?
Answer: UTrade Facebook and UTrade Group
6. Where can we ask questions and chat?
Answer: Viber: 09998857616 Mobile: 09177025464, 09178434174 Landline: 823-5344 Email: email@example.com